Travelling with children
Good preparation helps to create the flight for you and your kids as enjoyable as possible.
Therefore we collected some points to consider:
- Book in time to take all advantages for children
- Check in advance, if you have all necessary documents (to travel to particular countries your children will need their own passports, for example)
- Catch up on our additional offers for our youngest passengers by the time of booking
- Be at the airport early enough. We always aim to give families preferential treatment.
- Make sure you and your children are wearing casual clothing to be able to sufficiently move during the flight
Hints for your carry-on baggage
Everything you need for your child for the duration of the flight should be inside your carry-on baggage. Find some suggestions below:
- Clothing and diapers for change
- Things your child needs to sleep
- Baby-soother and flask
- A blanket or warm clothing — it can get pretty cool due to air-conditioning
- Little toys to while away time
- Pharmaceuticals (if necessary)
- Candies or a flask, for it is essential your baby is swallowing quite often during take-off and landing to attain pressure equalization
Fear of flying
Children are learning a lot through imitation of adults and other children. Thus, anxieties of adults will be passed on to children unintentionally.
Therefore, the more relaxed you are during flight, the more relaxed will your child be and it will learn that flying can be an enjoyable and nice experience.
Fly with us at a reduced rate and receive special service
Babies under 2 years
One adult may take one child under 2 years without a separate seat.
For a second and third child under 2, reduction on the adult rate, depending on the destination and seating arrangement.
On domestic flights in Russia, one adult may take one child under 2 years without a separate seat for free.
For babies up to 12 months and weighing 11 kg, the support may be provided on board the aircraft.
Please let us know if you want to get a cradle during a flight at the time of booking, but not later than 24 hours before departure.
Availability and amount of places for baby cribs depends on aircraft’s type.
Meet the new children menu from Aurora - now it's more colorful and interesting.
Our smaller passengers can find their favorite meals, healthy and tasty at the same time, in a new lunchbox.
Children from 2 to 12 years
They will be seated next to their parents and/or next to the window
Retain adjacent seats for the whole family - as far as this is allowed by your ticket rate - at the time of booking. Otherwise check-in as early as possible to allow us to arrange adjacent seats for you.
Receive toys and games
În Aurora’s own flights ñhildren from 3 to 11 years old inclusive are provided with special travel kits containing board games, activity books, drawing set and branded accessories. There is à range of travel kits depending on kid’s age and flight direction.
The ticket provides a separate seat and free luggage allowance in relation to the class of service chosen.
Children from 5 to 16 years travelling alone
Is your child travelling alone and aged between 5 and 16 years? No problem!
Please, book a ticket, prepare any necessary travel documents and inform us about it.
We will take full care and provide an escorting person for the whole journey. You can be sure that your child will have an enjoyable travel experience with us!
If your child is aged from 5 to 12 years, the accompaniment service is paid at the full tariff without children’s discounts, and the service is obligatory.
If your child is aged from 12 to 16 years, the price of the service is100% of the normal adult rate and the service is provided at the request of the parents/trustees.
You can pay for the care and additional services provided to your child at any ticket office or at Aurora's ticket office at the airport before the flight.
Your child may fly unaccompanied, if:
- attendants stay with the child at the airport until departure;
- the child will definitely be picked up at the airport of the arrival and such service is mandatory under local legislation.
When all these requirements are met, the airline shall bear all responsibility for your child till the moment he or she is met at the destination airport.
Travelling with a group of children
When registering a group of children from other Russian cities and when it is impossible to provide letters of attorney, and details about organization purchase and registration of tickets, you must provide a guarantee of the availability of letters of attorney from parents, adoptive parents and guardians for each child in the group (this requirement is necessary only for children who are Russian citizens), which fact is also noted by the head of the group.